Saturday, June 12, 2010

Where's Scooby-Doo When You Need Him?

A funny thing happened when I came into work Friday. I thought I would share the resulting email:

Did anyone notice something wrong with the refrigerator in the corner of the breakroom? Was a green bag causing trouble?

The reason I ask is that when I came into work this morning, my green lunch bag was on the breakroom table and my bag of salad, jello (and possibly a yogurt) were missing. A bag of chips and bottle of water were still inside.

If my bag was causing trouble (those green bags are known to be a bit racy), I apologize. Sometimes that fridge gets full and blocked with stuff and my bag is big - sorry!

However, if it was acting harmlessly, and someone decided to violate it and its contents, please abstain from this behavior again.

I'm pregnant, therefore hungry, and I will find out who you are.

PS - If you decide to post this note on one of those passive-aggressive breakroom note Web sites, again, I will find you.

PPS - The salad was Caesar. 


And this is the kind email I got from a co-worker in return - which I very much appreciate:


Your bag was on the break room table at 12:30 am so at 1:00 am I put your salad, jello and yogurt in the refrigerator by the door.
It’s in the butter tray with your name on it now.
Jello ,Yogurt, salad was very warm so It must have been setting out for sum time.
Sorry I forgot to leve you a note.

Needless to say, I will not be consuming the above-mentioned foodstuffs for fear of dying a slow, botulism-laced death.

No comments:

Post a Comment